GP/Generalist Gastroenterology and Hepatology Update
The GESA AGW 2018 Scientific Program Committee (SPC) would like to extend an invitation to all General Practitioners, Basic Physician Trainees, Generalist Physicians and other interested Healthcare Professionals to attend 2 special Gastroenterology & Hepatology update sessions being held at AGW on Sunday, 9 September 2018.
These sessions have been specifically designed with GPs and generalist practitioners in mind, with input from the RACGP, and will focus on topics including:
- Bowel Cancer Screening & Indications: Who & When – Graeme Young
- Indications for Colonoscopy & How they are Captured Under the New MBS Item Numbers – Anne Duggan
- Hepatitis C Update (GP Management of Viral Hepatitis – Prescription of New Medications & Hepatitis C Related Complications (Cirrhosis)) – Simone Strasser
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: The Growing Epidemic! – Elizabeth Powell
- Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders : IBS Made Easy! – Jane Andrews
- Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders: Tool Launch – Ecushla Linedale
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: New Expectations/Medications/Treatment Options – Jake Begun
- Coeliac Disease: What’s New & What To Do – Evan Newnham
We have also incorporated extensive discussion/Q&A time into the program thus providing delegates with an opportunity to interact with the relevant presenters.
Session 1 will commence at 10:30am and conclude at 12:30pm at which point delegates are welcome to participate in lunch in the Exhibition Area. The second Session will run from 13:30 to 15:30. Once again delegates are welcome to wind up the day with afternoon tea in the Exhibition Area.
Registration details are available here.
On behalf of the Scientific Program Committee I invite all General Practitioners, Basic Physician Trainees, Generalist Physicians and other interested Healthcare Professionals to join us for these special sessions.
Professor Jane Andrews
Chair, GESA AGW 2018 Scientific Program Committee